Dry eyes are often called by another name: dry eye syndrome, and it happens mainly because your eyes are not provided with lubrication by your tears. Therefore, it is easy to understand that when going down with dry eyes, people are likely to suffer from some discomforts such as burning sensation, abnormal sensitivity to light, redness, and itchiness. Also, patients with dry eyes are more apt to have difficulty taking part in traffic at night. There is a great diversity of factors which are regarded to be causes of dry eyes. In addition to small tears, overexposure to the wind, smoking habit or your ageing process may also increase your risk of catching dry eyes.
In reality, if dry eyes are not treated properly, it is highly confident that people can deal with the threat of eye infection, which is even more dangerous. For the fight against dry eyes, people usually choose eye drops, gels or oilmen. In case you want to remove dry eyes naturally and efficiently, you can give these following remedies a try. They are not only inexpensive but also able to help you save a considerable amount of time and energy.
- Eyelid Washing
If you find yourself suffering from symptoms of dry eyes, let’s be used to washing your eyelid frequently. Also, it is highly recommended that dry eye people should avoid rubbing their eye because this habit can lead to eye inflammation. By getting on with a good eye hygiene, it is likely that you can reduce dry eye discomforts well.
- Have your fingertips washed clean
- Add few drops of baby shampoo into them
- Close your eyes before massaging your eyelids gently and carefully
- Use lukewarm water to rinse your eyes completely
- Repeat the process many times
- Warm Compress
Another effective way which can help you say goodbye to dry eyes naturally is using a warm compress. By providing your affected eyes with gentle heat, a warm compress can comfortably foster blood flow into your eyes and increase tear production well. At the meantime, warm compress usage can also soothe your irritated eyes.
- Have a clean cloth soaked in hot water
- Wring out the excessive water
- Close your eyes and let the warm cloth over them
- Wash them off with lukewarm water
- Follow these steps 2-3 times a day
- Castor Oil
For long, people have been applying castor oil as an effective home remedy for dry eyes. Loading with a rich source of ricinoleic, castor oil can assist in working with your inflamed eyes. Also, the use of castor oil may provide instant relief from itchiness, irritation and painful feeling coming from your dry eyes. However, one thing to take notice is that only plain, organic castor oil should be applied for the treatment of dry eyes. Apart from that, castor oil is one of the most efficient home remedies for thicker eyebrows.
- Pour some castor oil into a dropper
- Place a drop of castor oil into your affected area
- Do like this 3-4 times daily
- Coconut Oil
Not unlike castor oil, coconut oil can also do well at removing dry eye discomforts. To be more detailed, fatty acids in coconut oil are capable of protecting outer eye layer as well as fostering tear production well. Moreover, the packing with anti-inflammatory qualities in coconut oil is closely linked to reduced discomforts of dry eyes as well.
- Let a cotton ball soaked in coconut oil
- Gently and directly put coconut oil on your closed eyelids
- Leave it on 15-20 minutes
- Follow this habit frequently to have satisfactory outcome
- Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a popular name appearing widely in the treatment for many problems including blemishes, oral thrush, vaginal odour, common cold, etc. And dry eyes are not the exception. What makes Aloe vera high in the fight against dry eyes is an abundant source of alkaline nature. This effect together with a richness in moisturising qualities will be responsible for decreasing redness, inflammation as well as swelling sensation coming from dry eyes.
- Rinse some aloe vera leaves carefully
- Extract the gel from their leaves
- On a piece of tissue, let some aloe vera gel sit
- Gently wipe aloe vera gel into the outer side of your eyelids
- Wait for 10-15 minutes
- Do like this 2-3 times a day