What is tinea versicolor?
Tinea versicolor is a skin infection which is caused by fungal. This fungus is a kind of yeast that exists typically in the skin, but due to some reasons, the yeast develops too much then that leads to tinea versicolor.
Tinea versicolor makes the infected sites have the different colour from the skin around the affected areas. Although the symptoms of tinea versicolor can be easily recognised by naked eyes, sometimes when the tinea versicolor happens in the back or the back of the neck, the affected sites becomes harder to notice it. Normally, tinea versicolor doesn’t cause itch or discomfort feelings, but the different colour of the infected areas will make the people who suffer from it feel less confident when communicating with others.
Some risk factors of tinea versicolor
- Weak immune system
- Having oily skin
- Living in tropical or subtropical countries
- Having a lot of sweating.
- Lack of nutrition
In this article, we introduce seven home remedies to erase this annoying infection out your skin.
In traditional Oriental medicine, galangal is always seen as a useful solution which can be applied in treating many diseases. With people who suffers from tinea versicolor, galangal is truly a powerful saviour because it is very effective to wipe out this annoying skin problem.
- Crush a clean galangal and ginger into tiny pieces.
- Add three spoons of lemonade into the cup of above mixture.
- Apply that concoction in your infected area two times per day.
- Repeat this remedy until the tinea versicolor disappears.
2-Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a well-known home remedy for infection because of its anti-microorganism substance, and tea tree oil can be applied in treating tinea versicolor. It not only stops the spread of infection but also tea tree oil can reduce the itchiness, common symptoms of tinea versicolor.
- Add few drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Dip the cotton swabs in that mixture.
- Apply that oil to the infected areas.
- Keep it to dry on its own then clean the areas with clean water.
- Repeat this natural way every day to get the desired result.
In the tropical country, the local people may get tinea versicolor easily due to hot and humid climate in these countries. In spite of that bad luck, they found inside the rain forest a fruit which is potent to erase the white patches in the skin, and this is a green banana.
- Cut a green banana into small slices.
- Apply the banana slices in the affected areas in ten minutes.
- After ten minutes, clean the affected site with fresh water.
- Repeat this home remedy two times per day to get the best result.
The high content of antifungal in garlic makes it become one of the most efficient home remedies for tinea versicolor. Garlic also helps boost the immune system which will prevent the recurrent of this condition.
- Crush the fresh garlic then apply it to the affected areas in five minutes.
- After five minutes, clean it with the clean water.
- Do this home remedies every day to get the desired result.
5-Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies for tinea versicolor because it contains a high amount of anti-microorganism.
- Add some teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a cup of clean water.
- Use a cotton ball to apply this mixture to the affected site and keep it there for 15 minutes then clean it with clean water.
- Repeat this remedies few times per week to get the desired result.
Turmeric has the rich contents of antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial that can wipe out this infection in the skin. Moreover, using turmeric frequently can help boost the immune system which also contributes in treating tinea versicolor as well as prevent the recurrence of this problem.
- Prepare a mixture made from a teaspoon of turmeric powder and three teaspoons of no sugar milk or clean water.
- Apply this mixture to the affected site for 10 minutes then rinse it off with clean water.
- Repeat this home remedies few times per week to get free from tinea versicolor.
One of the most commons risk facts that cause tinea versicolor is the lack of nutrition which leads to decrease the immune system ability. Sometimes, the only thing that you have to do is changing your eating habit then the tinea versicolor will disappear, silently. Good nutrition meals can help boost the immune system which will control the yeast in a normal range and tinea versicolor won’t break out.
- A diet with the high amounts of vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin A will increase the immune system ability as good as promote the skin development.
- Take foods with probiotics such as yoghurt or yoghurt milk.
- Eat more fresh vegetables and fruits typically avocados. Consume less high content carbohydrate food to avoid the over the produce of yeast.